A new pair of shoes displayed in the showcase at the store is definitely captivating and appealing. However, when you pay for it and come home, you may notice that there is a bit of compromise in the level of comfort and you suddenly make up your mind to change these shoes.
One of the established ways to get rid of these shoes is to return them and ask for a refund. This can only be possible if you have not used the shoes. In case you have walked about some kilometers in these shoes, then you can not attain the refund policy.
We are here to help you learn how to clean your shoes like new ones to return them. The following paragraphs will enable you to get the clean bottom of shoes. Let’s dig in!
- How to Clean the Soles of Your Shoes?
- Best Ways to Clean your Shoes at Home
- How to Clean Sneaker Soles?
- Conclusion: How to Clean Bottom of Shoes to Return Them
How to Clean the Soles of Your Shoes?
Shoe bottoms are the major exhibiting parts telling about the extent of usage of shoes. You can conceal it by:
- Using a mixture of a good detergent and baking soda
- Cleaning the bottom sole of shoe with dishwashing powder and warm water
- Nail polish remover as a sole cleaner for shoes
- Toothpaste for boot sole cleaner
- Cleaning the shoe bottom with vinegar
Best Ways to Clean your Shoes at Home
1. Using a mixture of a Good Detergent and Baking Soda
Most of the time, people wonder about how to clean rubber shoes with baking soda. The answer is very simple: mix it with some good quality detergent and see the effect.
- Use of a good detergent mixed with baking soda to clean white rubber on shoes, white bottom shoes, and clean bottom of sneakers is a very effective method.
- Prior to using this mixture on the underside of your shoe, make sure you have removed the dirt from the shoes.
How to get the dirt out of Shoes?
- Removing the dust, and dirt from the soles of the shoes is way easy. All you need to do is to slap the shoe against the floor. Now use a toothbrush to get rid of the dirt stains out of the white shoes. This process requires some effort, the more effort you put into this step, the better results you will get.
- Now take a container and add good quality detergent and baking soda in the ratio of 2:1. Slowly convert this mixture into a thick paste with the addition of water.
- Apply this thick paste with the help of an old brush( preferably toothbrush) on the shoes sole. This paste acts as the best shoe sole cleaner.
- Scrub the soles with the brush until you see the dirt getting out of the shoes. Dip the brush into clean water to get the dirt out of it. Now again take a paste and start scrubbing the bottom of the shoes.
- When you are sure that all the dirt has been scrubbed away, use a wet cloth to remove the paste from the shoes. Now take a dry piece of cloth to clean shoes soles completely.
- If you want better results, repeat the whole process again.
Which Detergent can be effective as a sole cleaner for Sneakers?
Arm & Hammer 33200-01001 Powder Laundry Detergent
With the extra power of cleaning, this detergent is the best product for the money. It is a powerful stain fighter and the deodorizing effect makes the white shoes whiter and brighter. The detergent is safe for use by those who get frequent allergies with the use of other detergents.
Best Baking Soda to Clean Rubber Soles
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
This baking soda has an amazing impact on clean white rubber soles. Mixed with a good detergent, it absorbs into the fabric material and removes stains and scratches with a single-use.
2. Cleaning the bottom sole of shoe with dishwashing powder and warm water
- Take an open container or a bucket that can easily accommodate your shoes without a bend or a twist. Add water into the bucket and a precise amount of good-quality dishwashing powder.
- Before applying this water solution to your shoes, make sure that you remove stains from shoes and the loosely bonded dust from the bottom shoes.
- Now merge your shoes into the bucket containing water and dishwashing powder, take care that you dip only the bottom of shoes.
- Keep the shoes in the bucket for about 15 minutes so that the warm water solution is absorbed completely into the dirt and starts its action.
- After 15 minutes, take out the shoes from the bucket and dry them using a piece of cloth. This is the quickest way of how to make shoe soles look new.
Best Dishwashing Powder
Stains and dirt that are resistant to fade away and require continuous scrubbing can easily be removed with Cascade Complete dishwashing powder. After you get mud off your shoes, this powder absorbs into the layers of a bottom of a boot, giving clean white rubber soles. If you are worried about how to clean work shoes, this is perhaps the best remedy.
3. Nail Polish Remover as a Sole Cleaner For Shoes
Mineral Fusion Nail Polish Remover
This is acetone-free nail polish formula that is generalized in using for cleaning sneaker soles, bottom of shoes, to make shoe soles look new. Integrated with all-natural ingredients, Mineral Fusion nail polish remover removes the darkest shades and stains without affecting the nails. If you are looking for how to clean white rubber soles, this can be a miracle for you. Mineral Fusion has been tested for removing the stain from the surface and incorporates shine into your shoe.
The process of applying nail polish remover as a sole cleaner is:
- Cleaning with nail polish remover is the method for shoe sole cleaner especially applied to clean gym shoes, cleaning sneaker soles, and other shoe bottom sole.
- The only limitation to this method is that you cannot apply it to colored shoes. This is the best way to clean your shoes at home, but only white colored shoes. The colored fabric of shoes is not suitable for this process as the colors may fade and lose their shine.
- Take a cotton bud and soak and thoroughly into the nail polish remover. Now apply this on the soles of the shoe and clean your shoes.
- After an effective scrubbing, take a dry cloth and rub it over the shoe surface completely. You will get shiny and bright white shoes.
- The method can also be applied to get white rubber soles.
4. Toothpaste for boot sole cleaner
- Get the mud off your shoes using a clean old hard bristles brush.
- Now apply white colored toothpaste on the brush and thoroughly apply on the bottom of shoes.
- Get stains out of the shoes with slight scrubbing of toothpaste.
- When you notice the dirt and dust coming out of the shoes, clean the paste with the help of a clean cloth.
- This process requires a lot of effort. Still, if you notice any stain, then scrub the shoes again until you get the desired outcomes.
5. Cleaning the shoe bottom with vinegar
- Cleaning shoes with vinegar, you need to make shoes clean off the dirt and mud.
- Take a clean dry cloth and pour an optimum amount of vinegar onto it.
- Then use this vinegar to clean shoes by rubbing the sole until you see the stains come off.
- Now take a wet cloth and remove the vinegar from the shoes.
- Let the soles of shoes dry naturally.
Lucy’s Family Owned – Natural Distilled White Vinegar
From cleaning to cooking, Lucy’s Family Owned vinegar is the right choice for everyone. This white vinegar for cleaning works amazingly. This is an ultimate option for cleaning the shoes, and can also be applied on the floor and drains. This vinegar absorbs the shoe sole and breaks down the dirt from surfaces. The vinegar works better for toenail fungus as well.
How to Clean Sneaker Soles?
Best Shoe Cleaner and Standard Brush
Jason Markk Essential Kit-Biodegradable Shoe Cleaner
This is the sole cleaner for sneakers and other shoes without affecting the texture and color of the shoe. The kit includes a chemical-free and biodegradable shoe cleaner with a brush having sharp bristles.
The gentle foaming solution effectively acts on the dirt and stain, softens it, and ultimately cleans the shoe. The sharp bristles will act on the stain and a thorough scrubbing will give you original premium shoes. These bristles are tough on resistant stains and can clean up to 100 pairs of sneakers. This shoe cleaner is also recommended for cleaning the bottom of tennis shoes.
Highly suggestive for cleaning sneaker soles, and is perfect for other colored shoes and materials like leather, suede, nubuck, nylon, canvas, vinyl, rubber, cotton mesh, white shoes. There is no added chemical and abrasive, so you should not worry about how it will affect the texture of the shoe.
How to get gum off bottom of the shoe?
If the gum is stuck to an inexpensive pair of shoes, then use this method to clean gum bottom soles. Stick the shoes in a plastic bag in such a way that the gum adheres tightly to the plastic. Keep this set up in a freezer for some time, an hour maximum. Now take the plastic bag out of the freezer and pull the plastic so that the gum is removed from the shoes.
Another method for removing gum from the bottom of shoes is the use of peanut butter. Apply a thick layer of peanut butter over the gum on the shoes. After some time, you will notice that the gum is softening and blending with the peanut butter. Scrap the mixture off and clean the shoe with soap or water to make the bottom of shoes unsticky.
How to clean rubber soles on shoes?
The natural color of your shoes usually fades away with dirt and dust with the passage of time. While the shoes may look old, you can revitalize them with a slight effort.
- First of all, take a clean toothbrush with hard bristles. Use this brush to scrape off the dirt and dust from the bottom of the shoes.
- Use a pointing tool in order to get rid of the prominent dirt protruding on the sole of the shoe.
- Take a tub or a bucket large enough so that your shoe can easily accommodate without a curve.
- Add two spoons of detergent and 1 spoon of baking soda and let the shoes soak into this mixture.
- Care should be taken that the mixture of detergent and baking soda does not enter into the insoles and outsoles of the shoes.
- After 15 minutes, take the shoes out of the water and start scrubbing the rubber part with a brush to get rid of those resistant stains.
- Again merge the shoes in water for 10 minutes.
- Take the rubber soles out of the water and start applying brush scrubbing on areas where you see stains.
- Now clean the shoes with a dry cloth.
- If marks of dirt are still visible, apply toothpaste on those dirt marks and rub them with a brush. Wash with warm water and get the clean shiny rubber soles on shoes.
How to get grass stains off shoes?
Whenever you go for a walk in a green garden or a meadow while wearing white sneakers or rubber shoes, you will come with grass stains over your shoes. These grass stains give a greenish hue, so these stains must be removed from the shoes.
- Using an alcohol pad on the areas stained with grass will make your shoes clean and stain-free.
- Cleaning shoes with baking soda and vinegar is no doubt very effective for the soles especially. Take a dry clean cloth and add a few drops of vinegar to it. Now scrub this cloth against the grass stains until you get the grass stains off shoes.
- The third effective shoe cleaning solution is the use of a mixture of bleach and peroxide. Add 3 tablespoons of bleach and 2 tablespoons of peroxide in water and shake it thoroughly. Now apply this solution using a sponge to reach the persistent and resistant stains. Leave the shoes for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, wipe the solution off the shoes with a wet cloth.
How to clean the inside of the shoe?
Use of warm water and mild laundry detergent will clean the inside of shoe insoles, especially sneakers. Take a clean old brush and apply the mixture to the insoles of the shoe. Rub gently until you find the stains and dirt went off. Allow the shoe to dry naturally.
Conclusion: How to Clean Bottom of Shoes to Return Them
You have come across some of the best ways to clean your shoes at home. Also, we have assisted you in providing the link to the best products that can work in your shoe cleaning adventure. These methods will definitely make your shoes look new so that the storekeeper will not refuse to refund you.
Need More Gear Advice?
If you liked this list, you’ll love the ShoeCrunch Gear Guide about Shoes, where we test and recommend alot of outdoor and indoor Shoes from a variety of categories. here are some links to popular articles: